Harriet Tubman: When I Crossed that Line to Freedom,
is an original opera by Nkeiru Okoye. Directed by our own Jonathon Fields, it will be performed in Cleveland-area churches and in Oberlin five times from January 29 through February 7. All performances are free.
Saturday 6:30, February 6, Finney Chapel, Oberlin College
Sunday 2:00, February 7, First Baptist Church, Cleveland
3630 Fairmount Blvd., Cleveland, 44118
Ash Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Lent begins with the imposition of ashes, for those who desire it, and celebrations of the Holy Eucharist at:
7:15 a.m. Church
12:15 p.m. Church
4:00 p.m. Kendal Health Center
7:00 p.m. Church
A Prayer for Lent
Look with compassion, O Lord, upon this your people; that rightly observing his holy season, they may know you more fully, and serve you with a more perfect will; through Jesus Christ Our Savior. Amen
Sundays (September – May)
- Holy Eucharist at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. Please join us for coffee, tea, and other refreshments immediately following the 10:30 service.
- Adult Spiritual Enrichment meets in the Anderson Parlor of the Jones Parish Hall at 9:15 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School meets in the upper level, west side of the Jones Parish Hall beginning at 10:30 a.m. Children are encouraged to join in at the Eucharist.
- Nursery opens at 9:00 a.m. The nursery is located in the lower level of the Jones Parish Hall.
- Choir warm-up and rehearsal at 9:45 a.m. in the church.
Sundays in Summer (June – August)
- Holy Eucharist at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
- Nursery care is available beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- Please join us for Lemonade on the Lawn immediately following the 10:30 service.
- Morning Prayer is read every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- During the summer months Morning Prayer is read Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- Holy Eucharist is offered on Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- Choir practice is Thursdays from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. We conclude each rehearsal by reading Compline.