Sunday, May 8 – J.S. Bach’s Cantata 104, “Du Hirte Israel, höre.”
May 8, 2016 is the annual Music Sunday at Christ Episcopal Church, 162 S. Main Street, Oberlin. During the 10:30am service the choir will perform J.S. Bach’s Cantata 104, “Du Hirte Israel, höre.” The Choir is directed by Katherine Plank. David Kazimir is organist. Assisting musicians from Oberlin Conservatory include: oboists Casey Kearney, Eduardo Sepulveda, and David Van Beveren; violinists Sophie Davis and Francesca Fetten; violist Daniel Orsen; cellist David Skrill; and bassist Austin Lewellen.
Sundays (September – May)
- Holy Eucharist at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. Please join us for coffee, tea, and other refreshments immediately following the 10:30 service.
- Adult Spiritual Enrichment meets in the Anderson Parlor of the Jones Parish Hall at 9:15 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School meets in the upper level, west side of the Jones Parish Hall beginning at 10:30 a.m. Children are encouraged to join in at the Eucharist.
- Nursery opens at 9:00 a.m. The nursery is located in the lower level of the Jones Parish Hall.
- Choir warm-up and rehearsal at 9:45 a.m. in the church.
Sundays in Summer (June – August)
- Holy Eucharist at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
- Nursery care is available beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- Please join us for Lemonade on the Lawn immediately following the 10:30 service.
- Morning Prayer is read every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- During the summer months Morning Prayer is read Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- Holy Eucharist is offered on Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m. in the church.
- Choir practice is Thursdays from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. We conclude each rehearsal by reading Compline.